Friday, January 9, 2009

Fly Fishing Marshalls Creek in the New Year

On January 1st, 2009, I traveled to the Poconos to visit family. After making a quick stop to have my skis adjusted for the season, I drove over to a favorite fishing spot. Although I didn't have my camera, Jackie snapped a photo or two with my phone.

I failed to catch anything - it was in the low twenties and the water was exceedingly high. In the end, I had one wet foot and one lost trout. Nevertheless, it was excellent to cast a few lines on the opening day of a new year, especially by this waterfall. Because it's located about three miles from where I grew up, I've been fishing that spot for wild brook trout for years. And like a true salmon, I still return to the place of my trout fishing nascence whenever I can.

With or without catching anything, it was a good place to start a new year.

No comments: