Monday, July 21, 2008

Smallmouth

The hot weather has begun to alter my fishing landscape. Over the next month or so, I will not be fishing for trout. I would rather take a month off than kill trout by catching them in hot water. Occasionally I will head to small tributary streams where mountain springs keep the waters cool year long; in this case I will be sure to update the trout totals. But for the next few weeks I will begin something I have never done before: fly fish for smallmouth bass. Living in this area of New Jersey allows me to pursue this hot weather fly fishing method because of the plethora of warm water streams in the area. The Millstone River, Stony Brook, Lawrence Brook, lower Delaware River, and the Delaware-Raritan Canal are all a stone's throw from where I live. And all are decent smallmouth fisheries. Accordingly, I will update this blog with my smallmouth totals. Expect the same types of post, replete with images and links. I'd like to include my two smallmouth bass from Saturday. Keep in mind I will be altering the traditional trout breakdown to fit the different intricacies of my smallmouth pursuit.


Overall Total: 2

River Breakdown
Bushkill Creek - 2

Type of Fly
Nymph - 2

No comments: